>> Monday, March 29, 2010
I am studying for my MG test today!
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
- 90% of the Hawaiian native plants are endemic (a plant that arrived before humans circa 400AD but has evolved and is only found in Hawaii)
- taro, coconut and sugar cane are not native, but Polynesian Introduced
- sanitation (removal of infested fruits) is one of the best control methods for fruit flies
- the Oriental fruit fly attacks fruit and the Melon fruit fly vegetables, hmmmmmm
- the wedge graft is the most effective method of grafting
- there is such a thing as a disease triangle
- less is more when it comes to fertilizers
- a "prill" is the little polymer coated ball in your favorite fertilizer
Well, I must hit the books again...ugh!