>> Monday, March 29, 2010
Searching the internet for a topic this week I ran across this interesting art contest sponsored by the American Phytopathological Society (APS). These are the people who study plant disease! Who knew they were into art!!! Unfortunately I can not enter, you have to be a member of APS and I am only a Wanna Be Mater Gardener and a backyard artist!
Here are the categories. I especially like #4!
- Microscopy—SEM and other microscopy images.
- Whole plant/nature—from the field to greenhouses and pathogens in nature.
- Digitally altered—changes to the original image, e.g., changing the natural color, orientation, kaleidoscope effects, cloning images, etc.
- Wacky/humor—plant pathogens represented in slightly less scientific ways.
- Crafts—hand made objects out of various materials representing phytopathology subjects.
- Art—paintings, drawings, sculptures, and other forms of physical art.
One of the winning entries from 2009