Related Posts with Thumbnails
This blog chronicles my journey through the Hawaii County Master Gardener program and beyond...

Fairchild Garden - Florida

>> Sunday, September 26, 2010

I am off island for a while and my postings will be limted. However, I did recently go to the Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden in Florida. At he information desk I told them I was from Hawaii. They thought I might not see much that is different from where I live. Well, to me that does not matter. I enjoy garden design as much as the plants themselves and this garden is a great example of a well designed garden and landscape. The mature trees along with the colorful plantings and well maintained grounds makes this garden a must see! And although this was not a great "blooming" time of the year and it was an overcast day, I am glad we did not miss this attraction!













5 comments:

Jane September 26, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

Beautiful gardens - it does sort of look like Hilo!

Julie September 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

Looks like you are enjoying your time away! Are those birdhouses in the third photo?

Ottawa Gardener October 18, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

Love the grasshopper pic. Hope you are having fun.

Stephanie from GardenTherapy.ca November 9, 2010 at 5:14 AM  

I love those trees with the colourful bark. what are they called again?

antigonum cajan November 21, 2010 at 3:46 AM  

Since I moved beyond being a master in the garden, but a trend setter, I noticed plants unwelcome in my garden for being abused elsewhere in my habitat. Nothing wrong with that..

Trend setting beyond
mastering becomes a lonely world...believe me..but one hundred species compensate the usual sappy comments...Good luck in your projects..

Reserved for Future Text

Reserved for future text

Pages

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP